Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 29 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 29 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+92
Rowiehz
Big Boss
Verity19
Vivi
dcj91x
Phazon Xenomorph
Wanderer Jiyuren
Chai
SovereignCoffee
JFizzle
Un-Tan
Retoman
Cambell
PerfectHeaD
rjthakid
LucentNargacuga
aninymouse
IBGenius
YamiGekusu
anduin55
It's meh
Andy124
Firpi
2d6
Fazermint
Yamatsu
BoredForLife
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Roik
Martoboyo
zeek
Randomhunter
JAGGIRIPPER
Archie
ShadowCeadeusDM324
IceMage88
WinNerd
Octondo
Roon
HaBa912
CottonEyedJho
Quentin
pumpkinslayer
Animated_Shadow
Enkidu
Unit33
sakura808
evahnulahm
Chagrilled
Tirith
brokemyfingers
Darklinghunter
Akai the White Lightning
haruno
X Kitsune X
Secun
Antari18
Will
Samochan
GobulHunterJames
Hawkfriend
E&Troy
TheLaw
laoshanicrus
blueberryvibe
Dross
Yuki
Ares
Amnesty
Gian
parasky
Snagglux
TKMT
Jake Johnson
Atalanta
Gilgames
RDC
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Sai_
DanielisAwesome52
Edsain
Ultimate Jaggi
Anonymin
Saisei
Sephastus
Velits
bill_the_noob
Silverwind
PAiN---
Lalo
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Hunting Journal - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 am

First topic message reminder :

well, first day of hunting. got a lot done.

fought my way all the way to lagiacrus, on the port I just defeated rathian
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:24 am

Artisan's hammer is so close I can almost taste it. Why don't people have the ancient horn? It's so cool >.<
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 am

Killed another Narga over lunch and made the Hidden SWaxe... Took down an Azure Rathalos no problem with it! The 'los was just tripping and breaking all over the place! It made short work of him ;)

I am yet to fight Jhen, so that may be my next big hunt. Might kill Azure Rathalos a few more times to make the armour, will see.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 am

Yesterday was a good day. I finally gave in and decided to do all of the status with God’s Arch since most random players I’ve played with suck at it. I also switched some skills around: Status Attack +2, Recoil Down+2, Load Up, Bonus Shot. Man o man, I haven’t had that much fun in a while. Using a support/status class was very fun! Every run was around 12 minutes or so, and I carried mats out the ass. A lot of people praised me on my gunning, and brought me extra mats ^.^ Made Escadora X Gunner set and upgraded Chaos Wing into Altheos Aetheria. Still have one more shpire to use from yesterday’s spoils, considering the hammer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Retoman
Kelbi
Retoman

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 am

Been doing a lot of arena quest as of late trying to improve my personal best times while also collecting coins to make the blademaster strider set. I was so close to killing plesioth in under 3min, SO CLOSE I COULD ALMOST TASTE IT, but when plesioth was almost down for the count the eager beaver from me emerged and I stupidly swam into a water gun... I've never been so disappointed in myself/sad/ 

Also Rust Duramboros ain't giving me any brute coins and its really frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Found the wonders of the perpetual motionless monster...

Pitfall trap -> Paralysis -> KO -> Sleep -> Bomb -> Shock Trap (during its roar) -> Paralysis

With 3 other competent members, the hunts RARELY got even close to 5 minutes (with the exception of Silver los, Gold Ian, or Lucent Narga... since you can't pitfall in that area.). Support gunning is really good... but so is hammering with a paralysis weapon :-D
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:41 pm

I finally got that blasted Artisan's Hammer. Time for crown farming.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:29 pm

MetaMarx wrote:
I finally got that blasted Artisan's Hammer. Time for crown farming.

Congratulations! That award, along with the crowns, have to be the hardest accomplishments in this game, and well worth acknowledgement.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Good job on the award Meta, I'm still working on it slowly. I keep getting side tracked xD These last 3 awards are going to be hard to get with such little time I have to play MH during the week days.
Back to top Go down
Andy124
Jaggi
Andy124

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:01 pm

I finally solo'd ala in my 2nd try,with only 8 minutes to spare.
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 3:00 am

Hunted a Devijho over lunch... My very first solo kill, so it felt really good :D I used a GL so I could defend and it worked much better than the Longsword I tried using before! xD just over 26 minutes for the hunt Yes by vort

I really want to get good at fighting Jho to get the gunlance and great sword, which I need to learn how to use.

What is considered the 'best' Deviljho weapon? I noticed some have poor sharpness and affinity, but they all have high raw.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:18 am

Farmed a bunch yesterday, a lot of fails due to noobs being noobs. But I did use the GS after a long time to solo a Green Narga, mannnn oh man it felt good to use it again ^.^ Overall got me 3 los mantles and a Skymerald. And STILL no freaking Long Fragments…

Upgraded Alatreon Revolution to Altheos Evolutia
Forged Leonid Starcrusher > Upgraded to Svarog Starsmasher
Forged Virnar Breaker > Upgraded to Midnight Aeternum
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Decided to check out the friends list and help out a random player who had friended me. He was doing a Lucent Narga hunt ^_^ Ok, I love that guy... did him so much he's no longer much of a challenge. Friend was looking for Moonshards... I didn't need any.

End of the night = Me 5 Moonshards in inventory... him, 0.

The wonders of the desire sensor.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Have you done the event lucent narga yet? it's not too bad if you know how to evade his attacks, but still pretty brutal.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:44 pm

The first one we tried was the event narga, and those who joined the quest ended split in halve by the tail. So for the rest of the night, it was all Regular Lucent. Honestly, I just thought that we had a streak of bad luck in the event... never occurred to me it was a powered up version of Narga, since I have pretty much mastered the evade on it, even without evade +1.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Cambell wrote:
Hunted a Devijho over lunch... My very first solo kill, so it felt really good :DI used a GL so I could defend and it worked much better than the Longsword I tried using before! xD just over 26 minutes for the hunt Yes by vort

I really want to get good at fighting Jho to get the gunlance and great sword, which I need to learn how to use.

What is considered the 'best' Deviljho weapon? I noticed some have poor sharpness and affinity, but they all have high raw.
I wish I knew how to use other weapons as well as I do longsword... I can't do anything else without taking like twice as long for a quest. Sad by vort

I heard the Jho greatsword and hammer are the best ones. Haven't tried his gunlance, which looks really cool imo.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 1:06 pm

You should try some other weapons, I highly encourage it. You learn new playstyles, new strategies, and gives you more options before hunting.

Also, I forgot to mention, Will and I did a few Jhen quest, and there was a fella that was very eager and upset that he wasn't getting any "ebonshells" from Jhen.. I had to let him know they were super rare and to keep farming jhen and he will eventually get them ;)
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Crystalis wrote:

I wish I knew how to use other weapons as well as I do longsword... I can't do anything else without taking like twice as long for a quest. Sad by vort

I heard the Jho greatsword and hammer are the best ones. Haven't tried his gunlance, which looks really cool imo.
Yeah you should try all the different types sometime! I didn't think I would, but it turns out I really like using the Hammer and Longsword Yes by vort

The deviljho Gunlance looks awesome ;)
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 am

Trying to get a Rathian Plate to upgrade the Poison GS (Valkyrie Blade) and start working it up.

After a few LR's I figured hunt high rank, it has better chances of dropping plates.

3 count them 3 hunts later and I got 4 rubies.... /versad/ 
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:58 pm

3 hours away from my 400 hours goal of getting all the awards... still 4 awards left, including the crowns. Not gonna make it...

On a side note, G-Rank hammering is fun... but players in the rooms are not very forgiving when you are constantly misjudging your attacks and send them flying. To my credit... I truly believe no one but me should "own" the head section... specially since I have KO master, and have been going for it exclusively from the start.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Got my Arzuros and Jade Barroth small crowns. Four smalls to go
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Tried hunting Jhen last night in the village quests. I used my Brachy SWax (first level upgraded) and I tried to use all the ballistas and cannon ammo, but the dragonship was still destroyed. Any tips for a newbie?

I hit it with the dragonator twice and the gong twice (missed with the middle one) and broke both legs and both tusks, along with one of the rock bits on the spine.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:15 am

Cambell wrote:
Tried hunting Jhen last night in the village quests. I used my Brachy SWax (first level upgraded) and I tried to use all the ballistas and cannon ammo, but the dragonship was still destroyed. Any tips for a newbie?

I hit it with the dragonator twice and the gong twice (missed with the middle one) and broke both legs and both tusks, along with one of the rock bits on the spine.
You're not attacking him enough, it seems.
You should be using cannons/ballista when Jhen Mohran is out of reach for your weapon. Using them until you can't use them anymore isn't ideal.
When you jump on Jhen's back, focus on attacking the weak fins. Once they're broken, you can continue to attack the fin.
You should use the Sword Mode of the Brachydios switchaxe. Focus on the X combo of Sword Mode(Overhead Slash and Rising Slash Combo), as getting many hits in is beneficial for your damage output and for your slime infliction(on this topic, don't use the Axe mode's Hack'n Slash attack. In Tri, it is a very weak attack, and I'm certain things haven't changed much for that attack).

In the final showdown, attacking the arms are good to stall Jhen. When the arms are broken, there's no need to attack the arms anymore. Attacking the belly of Jhen Mohran would be ideal, as it is a more effective hitzone than attacking the arms all the time. Plus, damage against the belly can cause the Jhen Mohran to fall over. When Jhen Mohran is on his side, his mouth is exposed. Jhen's mouth is THE BEST zone to deal damage. You attack the inside of his mouth, and you've dealt lots of damage.
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:23 am

Thanks so much TKMT!! Will try to hunt him again now Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:09 am

I hope everything goes well. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:45 am

Didn't end up getting to do it at lunch, but will try again this evening. I really want the Jhen GL and maybe the armour (for looks!) ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next